Business Development Executives
LINX is one of the biggest internet exchanges in the world where hundreds of service and content providers exchange their data every day on a massive scale. LINX is an industry leader in network availability, high quality standards of customer support and at the forefront in network technologies and network automation.
LINX are a not-for-profit member based organisation, where our culture and service to our members is centric to all our activities.
About the role:
LINX are looking for Business Development Executives to build on LINX’s current success, working with existing and new members, providing services/solutions for the benefit of both the member and the LINX ecosystem as a whole.
We would expect successful candidates to have experience within a consultative selling environment in sales, sales support, or pre-sales roles.
If company culture, personal development and a passion for the Internet and technology are what you are looking for in your next role, we would love to hear from you.
Reports to: Head of Sales
Based in: Post holder will be based in the LINX Peterborough office but travel to other locations (including international locations) will be required.
Statement of Objectives:
The LINX Business Development Executive will be responsible for building on LINX’s success by identifying and qualifying sales opportunities, selling LINX services to both new and existing LINX members and collaborating closely with LINX partners.
Success for the post holder after 18 months will not only be seen in terms of sales target achievement, but also recognition by peers and the industry as a trusted adviser and consultant on peering and general IXP interconnectivity.
- Achieve personal sales KPIs set by the Head of Sales, and help to drive the LINX sales team to achieve company budgetary targets
- Quickly identify high value business opportunities both within the current membership base and also with prospective new members
- Build sales stories for each identified opportunity and guide the member/prospective member through their sales journey to connection. Develop, manage, and report on sales pipelines
- Use industry knowledge to introduce LINX and peering to new segments, including but not limited to, fintech, enterprise and retail companies. Create successful sales stories within these segments
- Ensure an excellent knowledge of LINX products and services and industry developments
- Use consultative selling to help new and existing members get the most from their membership
- Own relationships with key partners and resellers of LINX to ensure business opportunities are identified and achieved via the LINX Partner programme
- Attend industry events to represent LINX, to include public speaking
- Treat all LINX members fairly and equally
- Any other activities as required by LINX
Pre requisite skills:
- At least 3 years sales experience from the Internet, IP Network and Telecommunications industry
- Familiarity with networking technologies and ability to understand technical concepts
- Demonstrated experience in consultative selling, working in a sales, sales support or pre-sales role
- Demonstrated experience speaking at public events
- Ability to travel within the UK and internationally as required
- Proven performance of consistent results
- Excellent communicator both written and orally
- Strives for excellence in administration and detail
- You will be required to be security screened to BS7858:1996 standard and DBS checked (this will start once your offer letter and contract are signed)
- You are required to have the right to live and work in the UK
LINX is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered.
The salary for this position will be determined by experience however LINX offers a full range of employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and optical cover
- Income Protection
- Pension - 10% company contribution
- Death in Service
- Annual Incentive (the Company aims to pay an annual incentive dependant on both the performance of the Company and the Employee however this is not guaranteed)
Closing date for applications:
22 October 2021 (unless the position is filled sooner)
Powered by Froala Editor