Software Engineer (PHP)
Location: LINX London
LINX is one of the biggest internet exchanges in the world where hundreds of service and content providers exchange their data every day on a massive scale.
We are interested in Software Engineers with expertise from all fields including: system design, data storage, security, information retrieval, web development, data analysis, networking and artificial intelligence. As a Software Engineer, you will contribute to LINX’s large project portfolio depending on your skills, ambitions and company strategic goals.
With the internet’s exponential growth, the software team is becoming more and more crucial for the scalability, visibility and efficient running of the company network services. As part of the software team, you will have a chance to make a concrete change on how the internet grows and evolves.
LINX occupies a leading role in its sector and this is reflected in the high standards the software team is held accountable for. You will follow agile software programming best practices and you will need a self-motivated, versatile and enthusiastic approach for solving the technical challenges you will encounter. Every Software Engineer is expected to participate in all product development phases from processes analysis, through design, coding, testing to launching and optimisation.
• Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
• Identify, prioritise and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
• Provide technical guidance to other team members.
• Be able to deep dive into code and stack to identify the best infrastructure that can scale.
• Be up-to-date with new technologies for constantly improving the quality bar.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, STEM or equivalent practical experience.
- PHP 7 and Symfony 3 back-end development experience.
- RESTful API design and development experience.
- Familiar with front-end CSS bootstrap library.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science or STEM.
- Python development experience.
- Front-end development experience to W3C standards.
- Familiar with jQuery and Angular.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Experience in automated build, test and deployment toolchains (E.g: Jenkins, Ansible, Codeception, Tox).
- You will be required to be security screened to BS7858:1996 standard (this process will start at the induction stage)
- You are required to have the right to live and work in the UK
- You must be willing to travel overseas occasionally
LINX is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered.
The salary for this position will be determined by experience however LINX offers a full range of employee benefits including:
- Medical and Dental
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Bonus (the Company aims to pay a bonus dependant on both the performance of the Company and the Employee however this is not guaranteed)
Closing date for applications:
9th September 2019 (unless the position is filled sooner)